Signs of a Well-Maintained Property
If you’re shopping for a new home, you’ll want to be looking for a property that has been well cared for by its owners.
Sometimes what we call “move in ready” can ultimately save you time and money!
A well looked after property often has the following characteristics:
• No scuffs and dents on walls that look like they’ve been there for years.
• New or updated major appliances are in perfect working order.
• Caulking around the bathroom tub or shower looks solid with no cracks, breaks or yellowing from water infiltration.
• The flooring looks clean and well-maintained. (If there is carpeting, it has no visible signs of wear.)
• Updated lighting is installed and working in all areas.
• Windows are newer or at the vary least sills around windows look good with no sign of air infiltration.
• Exterior landscaping is well groomed.
Besides those basic observations, a well-maintained property will tend to make a great over-all 1st impression.
In some cases, you’ll think, “Wow, the owner really took care of this place.” Trust that instinct…It’s probably true
Does the Property Meet the “Lifestyle Test?”
Lifestyle is a very important criterion when shopping for a new home. After all, a home and its surrounding neighborhoods are the places where much of your lifestyle is going to be happening.
So when considering a move, think about the lifestyle to which the property is going to lend itself.
• How much entertaining do we do?
• How important is it to have good schools located nearby?
• How long will the commute to work be?
• How big of a backyard do we require?
• Do we need a rec room?
• How easy will it be to get to golfing, dance lessons, hockey practices, movies and other activities my family and I enjoy?
• How important is it to be in a quiet area?
• Do we want a local park nearby for jogging, playing with the kids, and walking the dog?
Ideally, you’ll create your own list of questions to consider when looking into purchasing a particular home…& then choose the neighborhoods that fit your work commute, family optics & lifestyle.
The best way to find a new home in a suitable community is to work with a real-estate team right so you get a cross-section of experience & specialties!
Call or Text or Email us anytime… 403-200-7077…[email protected]